Monday, August 01, 2005

Bear with me!

I'm trying to figure this pictures and text business out, because I don't like how the pictures all jammed together in the punting post.

This, as you might guess, is my son in his new sweater. He's worn it out a few times, despite the fact that it is the middle of the summer! It's knit to the recommended gauge, but it's a very loose fabric. Soft and nice, but if I was using it again, I'd try on 10 mm instead of 15s, I think, just to make it more dense.







And here we have the Humped Zebra Crossing. We have so far seen no humped zebras, but are keeping our eyes open! I wonder why the humped ones get a special crosswalk?

Actually, lemme tell you! A crosswalk is painted black and white and called a zebra crossing. This one is on what we'd call a speed bump and they call a hump, I guess! So it's a bump that's painted in stripes...

We've seen another sign that says Heavy Plant Crossing, and always watch for large greenery at that point.



Last but not least, a daisy from our garden.

1 comment:

  1. Your Blog site is a lot of fun. I just thought I woukld try it out to see what was there. This here is your pa. I am sorry to hear that the Li braRY CLOSES IN THE fALL. i MAY BE ABLE TO PERSUADE the Librarian to arrange a special showing for an Emeritus Prof. from Canada, age 87, who is not likely to have any other opportunity to see the Library as a. He is old, and b. his passport is running out on Oct. 5.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.