Monday, November 07, 2005

Visitors and a new blog

It's just too exhausting to keep track of this sight-seeing...

Yesterday, we wowed 'em with the do-it-yourself checkout at the grocery store, and then Elaine and I went to buy me boots and the tourists went to the Museum of Technology. Last night, we got them to babysit (hooo-ee!) while we went to Evensong and dinner at high table at Gonville and Caius College with a colleague of Stephen's. Lovely chapel, nice singing, good food and port and cheese and wine and roast duck and especially good parsnips, as a matter of fact!

Today, art supply shops and bookshops and then Clare College and then lunch and the others went into the Pepys library at Magdalen College (in the picture), while I had to run off to get the kids from school. Now we are back at the tea-drinking, chosing this evening's pub.



And on an unrelated note, this is a butterfly I saw at Old Sarum. See the "eyes" at the very back end? It's called a Red Admiral, my friend Dave tells me. Dave knows all about butterflies and moths and mainly birds, and lots about other things, too. And he now has his very own blog, which you should look at if you like moths or butterflies or birds! So there. I wonder if there are any birding knitters or knitting moth enthusiasts out there!

We've got Auntie Mary learning about Blogger now, so she might just be launching something soon... She was keen to find a book about algae in the Cambridge University Press shop today, so maybe she'll blog about great pond scum she's seen. And wouldn't that be just a thrill and a half! Knitting seems so tame now....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary!
    I wanted you to know that I have been keeping up with your adventures and I absolutely love it! Sometimes it takes me a week or so between visits and I can't believe all you have done. My life seems absolutely tame by comparison! I am very intrigued by the whole knitting thing and I decided I had to give it a try (of course I am crocheting, which I know isn't quite the same). I struggled through about 5 different stitches in a sampler before settling on just one I like and I have been furiously making squares which I hope to make into a blanket for Nicholas before Christmas. I'll let you know how it goes and maybe send a picture when I am done. Anyway, I am really enjoying your blog, keep up the good work!

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.