Sunday, March 26, 2006

Don't ya love the knitters?

This past weekend I zipped down to London. Well, I didn't exactly zip, since I missed the non-stop train by mere minutes, and ended up on the milk run. Ah well...

I met up with Kay, and a bunch of London knitters, Polly, Amelia and Mary. It was great fun! We had tea at Liberty, where Kay showed off her latest square. Bad blogger, I somehow didn't take pictures of the others! It was wonderful to meet these knitters, and see what they are working on, and just spend time knitting and talking. There was even talk of the Londoners making a trek to Cambridge sometime this spring, perhaps for a punting and knitting adventure!?

Sunday morning, it was off to Loop for cupcakes and yarn. Kay got the whole store log cabining (cabinning?), showed us her felted boxes (oooh, ahhhhh) and signed books. The book looks great, not surprisingly. It's fun and clever and I've got to get back to the land of dishcloth cotton -- which Kay had to explain to the English crowd. (For anyone who doesn't know dishcloths, check out the Dishcloth Boutique!)

It is nice to have a new knitting book, but the real treat was to meet women whose blogs I have read and enjoyed, and who turned out to be as charming and pleasant in real life! Yay for knitters!

3 comments:

  1. It was lovely to meet you too! I'd definitely be up for a knitting and punting adventure - I've enjoyed quite a few boozy punts to Grantchester in my time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray for knitting bloggers, too! thanks for your account of the day-- it was nice to be there, if vicariously ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary! I'm home again! Still thinking of beautiful Loop and the fun we had. Still wishing Ann had been there to crack a joke now and then during what will surely be remembered, if at all, as the Log Cabin Lecture of 2006.

    Great meeting you and your London friends. I'm off to look through the cable section of B Walker's afghan book to see if I recognize anything.....xoxoxo Kay

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.