Sunday, March 04, 2007

Getting older

I bunged up my back. I think I must have done it while bowling at Arthur's tenth birthday party.


He's ten, which is pretty grown-up, but I am even older, now limping with my hand on my sacroiliac...

If we all bowled with the elegant style of Elaine, one side would not get overworked, I think!

Since it's his birthday, I can't really nag all day long, "Do your homework, don't you have a test tomorrow, what about that book report..." so I made a bunch of bits of paper with chores and fun things written on them, like the old job jar.

So first he picked out "Lego" and had to put together the new Lego set he got for his birthday.

Then he tried again, and was forced to "watch a movie." I'm sure I also wrote things like "study for social studies test" and "write out times tables" but he's so far evaded those! Maybe we'll try one more time... Hey, maybe I'll take the other fun things out of the mix!

5 comments:

  1. What is it about a bad back that makes one feel about 90? I empathize.

    Oooh - I'd like a jar like that for me (but all "start knitting something new" or "sit down for a while and eat chocolate"...)

    Hope your back is feeling better soon. Pass the zimmer frame...

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday to Arthur! He's still the only 10 year old boy I know who knits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Arthur. Tie-dyed shirts? very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of the 'job jar'; might have to make one for household projects! And I do sympathise with your back; bowling will do that to you. I do hope it improves soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Arthur.
    I made one of those jars for my sister when she was home on her too too long university summer holiday, she had great fun with it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.