Thursday, April 05, 2007

Back to my usual sedate life

My ears have stopped ringing from the excitement of last week, so let's get back to a few knitting things.

Thing 1. The Thundercloud blanket needs help. Like a new ball of wool! I didn't include the clause about running out of yarn in my original Knit from Stash rules, but since they're my rules, I hereby declare that I can/must go buy another skein. Heaven knows the dyelot situation is dicey anyways with this sort of yarn, so we'll just hope it looks similar enough. This will require another trip to Alterknit, which is always fun. That's part A of this problem. Part B is, do I need two balls? I'm only half-way round, and not even exactly half-way, and I think I will need one full ball and a few meters. Have I been in this situation before, or what? I guess I have to buy two. A blanket with matching wrist-warmers, perhaps?

Thing 2. The sock, the sock. I sure hope the dissertation is going better than the sock.

Since I end up peering over my glasses at this, I prefer to work on it (or not) in the privacy of my own home, which leads us to the portable bus project, Thing 3.




Thing 3. I seem to have started a new long-term project. I've made a couple of squares of leftover sock yarn. Of course, nothing matches, but I assume the total jumble will be riotously colourful and appealing when I'm done. At least it will keep someone warm....

Thing 4. Not knitting related, but thrilling for all those of you in Oxford or Cambridge: the big Boat Race is this coming weekend! Must find ye olde pub in which to watch it!



Thing 5
. It snowed again! Last week, we were admiring the daffodils sprouting; today, snow. Grr.

Okay, the grocery store will be closed for 2 of the next 3 days, so I must run out and get a few essentials, like food...

1 comment:

  1. you and all your perseverance to completing your knitting. me and all my one million UFOs. the other day olivia wanted to start a new knitting project and was so concerned at starting something new when she still had a scarf to finished. she asked "would it be ok to start a new project even though the other one's not done?" ha! look around, i told her - when was the last time mommy actually finished anything? what a bad example i set! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.