Monday, June 25, 2007

Not much knitting this weekend

I'm pooped after that weekend and might just need a rest!

Saturday night we were invited to a neighbour's 50th birthday party at a local church hall. The theme was 70s prom night! There was a glitter ball, a giant cake, and an i-pod connected to big speakers, putting out all sorts of music that could only lead to punk after a few years. Honestly, who could live through that decade.... Well, I did, but I still don't like a lot of the music, though I recognized it all. And blue eye-shadow... Oy.

Elaine had a blast dancing! Arthur wore his glittery disco shirt, and Stephen wore a marvellous jacket he's had for decades, blue lame, double breasted, a bit tight these days, but quite lovely. Me, I still have the dress I wore to my high school grad, but it *ahem* has shrunk somehow.... But I have no pictures to show you. It was dark, you know.

Sunday morning Stephen went off to his last conference of the month, and the kids and I decided to head out to Centreville. We called on KT and James, and headed out on the ferry.

After picking the wrong line to get tickets -- that is, the one that went slowest -- we finally got to ride the giant swans. And the log ride and the ferris wheel and the skyride and the little train... Ate pizza, rode little motor boats, went to the candy store.

There is a little farm out there with a couple of retired police horses, two pigs the size of the QEII, and some wee chicks only 3 days old.

I did get a bit of knitting done! I've finished the pinkish baby blanket -- it's the size to go in the stroller or something, not crib size. I'll give you some gory details another day. And I started on a little hat for Afghans for Afghans and carried that around with me yesterday. It'll be a quick project that'll give me that boost from finishing something, and then I can get back to my list of unfinished business....

And now, we just have 3 more days of school to get through!

1 comment:

  1. You are a brave woman to venture out to Centre Island. I'm impressed. How about taking Arthur and Elaine even further back in time to the 1960s and knitting him an Elvis wig? When I was in graduate school we had an annual Elvis Symposium, where one paper on social history was titled, "Elvis and the Search for Leisure Suits" and trolling through Alterknit's old knitting mags from the 1970s last Sunday I found a knitted version of one!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.