Thursday, August 16, 2007

A pre-holiday account

Books for the airplane? Check. (Yay, I got my new VK the other day!)

Beach towels and sunscreen?
Check.

Pirate flag? Check.

Knitting projects for airplane, car, rainy days and general hanging around...?
Uh...


I have been knitting the hexagonal Basalt Tank, but it requires paying attention and carrying around a big book and a page of errata. I could write out simplified instructions and ditch the book, but I think I'll just put it aside till I get back.

I have a sock on the go, and another sock of the same yarn which I will have to frog en route. Small, portable, easy... and I should get the wooden needles on the airplane, don't you think?


But just in case, I'll take another ball of sock yarn and some plastic needles. I'll be frogging that lone pinkish sock, too and making some socks that fit...

So, that's two socks, which would certainly occupy my time, but could get dull. So, I'll take along this new Mission Falls cotton which will turn into Jack, a Rowan kids' pullover, for Arthur (scroll down a bit). The yarn is not quite the right gauge, but what the heck, it's a rectangle with sleeves.


We'll be back in a couple of weeks -- at least one of which will be internet-free! So, see you in September, or close enough!

2 comments:

  1. happy travels! sounds like a good destination. and then NY with Arthur....see what you can do. I'd love to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary we are surfing by the pool on pender! signed anonymous...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.