Thursday, February 07, 2008

An almost done blanket, and some snow


My blanket of squares is all sewn together. Sewing doesn't appear to pull the same bits of the wrist, and I think I didn't injure myself by finishing the last few seams. Now, a few little ends, and the @$(#$* edging. This is the horrible part. I think it needs a wide edge, not just an i-cord, and the horribleness of picking up the stitches would be as bad for a small or large border.

I think I will get a long circ, pick up and knit stitches all along the side, and attach a sideways knit border, something like this one.

But, I knit this bit ages ago and can't remember where I got the pattern! Also I want to knit it on as I go.

So. A huge tasks looms.

For your enjoyment, this is what it looked like outside yesterday, before the latest huge snowfall dumped on us:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.