Thursday, May 15, 2008

Kiri complete

In just one week, I actually finished something!

Why did I put this off for so long? It was fun!

Kiri turned from a little blob like this















to a lovely thing like this!













Its edges were all scrumply like this















and they became nice like this!
I used two and a half balls of Felted Tweed, on size 5 mm needles, casting off with 7 mm. There are 10 rows of leaves, which I think translates to 9 repeats of chart 2.

And all in one week!

There's only one problem... it's a bit purple! I like this colour mixed in with the other FT colours I have, but I'm not sure about it alone in one big spread. I certainly can't wear it with my red coat.

I got quite obsessed with it, and so it went rather quickly, but every 10 rows I got caught by the change in the chart (usually you start with a yo, k2 tog, but on row 10, you just yo and then knit straight). And, what I really didn't enjoy was the hiccup in the middle of the row! For my next trick, I will try a shawl without the "track" down the middle. And I would like to decrease instead of increasing... Maybe I should have made Birch! (Ravelry link)

I'll let it dry and then try for some modelled shots.

3 comments:

  1. Kiri turned out beautifully, but I hear you on the decreasing vs. increasing. The Slog Cabin is getting bigger and slower with each stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing! And I can't believe how nicely it took shape. I have to admit that I am knit and wear kind of person, but seeing the difference here... It might be worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous ! I'd wear it with red ! Purple and red can look fab together. Really.

    :0)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.