Wednesday, May 21, 2008

WIP Wednesday again

I have not kept up with my WIP Wipeout posts. I have wiped out a few WIPs, I suppose, though I still have a few!

The Jaywalkers are close to completion. A few more stripes to go. I started these a million years ago, or in fact, in October last year! Well, hmm, now it's May, so perhaps these had best get wrapped up, pronto! (Also, yes, I must sweep the fir needles off the porch... perhaps even paint the porch...)

And that's the only WIP I've been working on. I could make bold promises about the next one in the queue, but we all know how that works out! I can say that I've started yet another new project to add to the list... oops.

This wool was given to me by Alison some months ago. Um, in August last year! (The blog does help a girl keep track of these things, doesn't it?)

I have started a couple of things with this before, but stopped because of the pooling of colours. This time I decided to plug on ahead, and I think that the splotches will place themselves randomly enough. Though after only a couple of inches, who can tell for sure? These colours are not my usual muddy greens, so I'm a bit alarmed whenever I look at it.

This pattern is called Plain and Lacy Stripes II in my stitch dictionary, and it is really only one right side row, but you move it over one stitch on alternate rows. So:

Row 1: *K1, yo, K2, skp, K2tog, K2, yo*
Even rows: P
Row 3: *yo, K2, skp, K2tog, K2, yo, K1*

Clearly you need selvedge stitches, since the pattern begins or ends with yarnovers. I have 5 repeats of the 9-stitch pattern, and 3 garter stitches at each edge. One ball of Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn, and we'll see how much of a scarf we can get. It's 420 yards, so it should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.