Friday, July 04, 2008

I said it was funny looking


I have finished hexagon #4 of the Basalt tank, a five-sixths hexagon.


If I fold it, you can see the neckline (well, kind of half the neckline, and there'll be straps...) and how the bottom hexagons go around the sides. It'll be interesting to see how this all works out.

The urge to reward myself for getting this far is great. I should, somehow, be allowed to abandon this, for a moment, to cast on something else. ...even though I have several more unfinished things lying about, and I want to finish this, and casting on something new will get me nowhere! I got a book from the library with knitted lace tablecloths. It's where this awesome delight came from. I do not want a lace tablecloth, or anything like one, but I just can't wait to fiddle with these patterns. There are a couple of scarves I can see in my future (that future where I can knit really fast...).

I think of posting more often and more thrillingly, but somehow, this is what you get....

1 comment:

  1. I bought that book at least 15 years ago, and have never done anything but look at the pictures -- oh well, I have lots of cookbooks like that, too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.