Monday, September 01, 2008

A quick look at holiday knitting

There was some knitting done last week at the bottom end of Vancouver Island.


I finished these socks at home this morning (I took 3 balls of sock yarn with me, and if I hadn't gone for walks on beaches and through woods, and if I hadn't sat in the hot tub or around the groaning board I could have knitted more than one pair...) and will send them off to Afghans for Afghans lickety split.

The plate in the photo is just exactly why one should always drop in at the junk stores when travelling. I regret that on our Lake Huron holiday, we drove past gazillions of shops advertising "treasure," "collectibles," "knick-knacks," and even "antiques," without stopping at a single one. But this time we hit both the St Vincent de Paul and the Sally Ann, and we found this plate with a picture of Signal Hill in St John's, Newfoundland! We have been there; my brother used to live there. Buying a souvenir of the easternmost part of the country in a thrift store at practically the end of the road on the western side of the country was ridiculously thrilling. And it matched the socks.

The holiday was a blast, and we have plenty more pictures. But, it seems that tonight is the last minute before school starts, so I have a few other things to do! Really, when things settle down, you'll see some action around here.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the pointer to Norah Gaughan - excellent stuff. I just wish I had something even approaching the time to knit these days. And I've looked and Kaffe has improved his knitting substantially since I remember it, but it is still shapeless stocking stitch ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.