Friday, January 23, 2009

What do you suppose this is?


It's going to be the Louvre. Or at least something kinda like the floor of the Louvre. This is some no-name wool someone gave me once. I suspect a bit of mohair or even alpaca in this -- very soft and slinky feeling! I, of course, doubt that this will make enough squares to get much of a blanket, but I think I have enough "various" that I can knit on 4.5 mm needles that I can work something out. Grey, brown, black, white, lime green -- no, wait! But for now I shall just knit away and see how it goes.

I am also making a pair of socks. Well, one sock, at the moment... I ditched the bright colours and am working with Austermann Step in a marshy green colourway.

I think I will make the Waving Lace Socks (on Ravelry), but my lovely needles are lovely in every way except pointiness! So those k2tog maneuvers are a bit stressful.

And in the "where did I go wrong" department, I showed my kids this clip the other day.




Elaine laughed heartily at the silliness of it, but Arthur was all, "Who's Spock, why do they all want to be Spock, why is this funny??" Oh, a gap in his education, for sure! Will remedy this ASAP.

2 comments:

  1. I have never seen Big Bang, I must check it out, because I laughed pretty hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of knitting the floor of the Louvre: it just lends itself to it, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.