Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Enjoy this while I collect my thoughts

I'll give you a few pictures to amuse you, although I don't have time right now to do a proper write-up.

Let's see, we need the swim-up bar.


Often the bartender was at the other side, on the land side of the bar, and one needed to get out of the water to get another drink. Life is tough sometimes. This doesn't show the table and underwater stools.

Here's a sample of the pretty concoctions they could make. It's a Blue Sea, I believe. Blue Ocean?



Dunno, but it has blue Curacao in it. The drinks flowed freely, but they provided little buzz. Probably because if people were drinking real alcohol in that heat all afternoon, much misery would ensue. These gave you the impression you were leading a wild life, but didn't do much else. The paper is a list of vocabulary in English, Spanish, Papiamentu and Dutch.

Okay, the last picture for today. Bird at the bar.


These birds, pretty and yellow and small, were flying around all over the place, eating crumbs at breakfast and occasionally stopping at the bar for a pick-me-up.

Back to laundry and sorting for me now!

1 comment:

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.