Monday, March 09, 2009

Look, flowers for my birthday!


Happy birthday to me!

Due to circumstances beyond my control, we celebrated yesterday, but today Elaine and I saw these snowdrops on the way home from school. We're having a bit of a thaw, and on the sunny side of the street most of the ice has left the gardens. Brave snowdrops have pushed through last year's leaves.

Arthur is already on school break, and we went shopping today. Got a middle-aged-lady bathing suit, which I think looks kinda cute, if one can say that about a middle-aged-lady bathing suit. I'm really all set for my holiday now!

And I got myself a 3.25 mm, 80 cm long circular knitting needle. Very lovely! (This is holiday prep as well -- did you guess?)

Arthur's birthday was a couple of days ago, and he got a gift certificate for a games store, so he picked up a cool new game. (He also got some cool new books. Mommy might borrow this one.)

A bit of a break in birthday season around here now. Stephen's is at the end of April, and tradition would dictate that I knit him something. It's unlikely at this point... He got me a new oak toilet seat though, so I do have to get him something equally special, don't I?

6 comments:

  1. *H*A*P*P*Y* *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y* !

    A toilet seat ?! Original, if nothing else !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Bathing suits, toilet seats and knitting needles, all extremely useful, hey you could even use them all at the same time ;) Ok now I think it's time for men in white coats to give me my medication and let me lie down for a while....hope you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to you!!

    Toilet seats as a birthday present?! Wow, I'm glad your family is as nutty as mine. ;) We have had snowdrops for a few weeks now, and daffodils are now present, too. :) It's starting to look a lot like spring 'round here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I bought our oak seat just because the previous one got too aged and not near anyone's brithday...

    Happy Birthday :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many happy returns! I didn't realise you were another Pisces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!

    May you enjoy many more years of health and happiness on your new toilet seat!

    And congrats on finding a cute middle-age-lady-bathing-suit... thats certainly not an easy task!

    sue

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.