Sunday, June 14, 2009

WWKIP day

I didn't do much knitting in public yesterday, but I understand that WWKIP day is 4 days this year...

I went to High Park, where some Ravelers had talked about going, but I had 6 kids and a non-knitting adult with me, so I couldn't really deflect the whole gang to go on a hunt for the knitters!

I did manage a few rows on a sock at the castle playground. One of the children asked me, "How come whenever you start knitting you take a picture?" Hard to explain, kid...



I did things to that photo to make the sock a bit more visible. Love this photo-fiddling capability!


And we caught a poppy on the way home, as well.


Arthur's finished school already, so I hope there will be lots of outings to exciting places. Each kid has a couple of scheduled daycamps, but for a lot of the summer we'll do Mommy Camp. This implies activities and expeditions, rather than "Let's sit in front of the computer all day," which is what many of us would do, left to our own devices. We have booked a cottage up by Algonquin Park for the end of the summer, but will be adrift in the big city most of the time. It's an adventure...

1 comment:

  1. that Castle Park looks amazing - and that poppy is a much nicer color than the lone one in my garden!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.