Monday, November 22, 2010

After-dinner quickie

Accomplishments of today include (in no particular order):
  1. making a nice dinner of butter chicken, rice, baby corn, green stuff (some kind of bok choy) and vino.
  2. passing on my old hand-me-down sewing machine to someone who will actually use it. This means I either sew by hand or buy a brand-new machine and learn to use it properly.
  3. meeting a knitter and trading magazines. Arachknit (that's her on Rav) and I have met a few times to swap stuff. I'd like to get her and a few others to a friendly knitting party here some day.
  4. walking up and down the hill, to and from said meeting. This was good for my overall fitness, I believe.
  5. taking Les Miserables out of the library. It is a translation, because it is many years since I could read a book like that in French. Hmm, maybe I should work that back up again. I will let you know how it goes!
  6. knitting till I ran out of yarn for the second Ribwarmer. This means another trip to the yarn store. Oh, no.
  7. picking up the Noro cardigan again. So pretty! Such tiny needles!
  8. booking a flight to Castlegar to see my parents and sister in January. This was complicated by the fact that my brain and fingers didn't seem to be connected; I first booked a flight to Penticton! Lucky for me, when I phoned customer service in a bit of a flap, I got a friendly guy who changed my flight and waived the $90 fee! It will be on frequent flyer points, so it only cost me taxes and so on. I will have to rent a car.
  9. digging the holiday lights out of the basement. I have been trying to interest the family in some sort of alternate Christmas tradition around here, but I still like the lights of a traditional Christmas. So far, we just have a few around the fireplace. We can't put the outdoor ones up till December, or some members of the family would mutiny.
  10. managing to blog before the day is over. Pretty good, eh? Twenty-two days in a row!

1 comment:

  1. good gracious you've been busy! *and* you found time to blog?!? *superstar*!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.