I have my six sock baggies, and will start the new year off with the bag with 3 unfinished pairs of socks. That will last me (according to plan) till March 1, when I will pick another bag. And I then will have three whole pairs of socks finished! (Okay, okay, I haven't actually got real physical bags with patterns and needles and yarn all together. They are sorted in my brain, and one day I'll set it all up. I know what I am doing in January and February, anyways!)
Meantime, I will also work on the Noro cardigan. Given my November experience, it is foolish to think I'll get that finished before the end of February. I have about 4 inches of the two fronts made.
I will try to finish 6 major projects in 2011, as well as the socks:
- Noro cardigan, in progress
- denim gansey-like thing, maybe Sunday Best (on Ravelry, or here, on Thomas)
- one lace shawl if I can ever decide on a pattern
- Rowan cotton sweater for Elaine
- big black and grey witchy shawl, in progress
- cotton blanket, in progress, and there's a baby expected for it in May
- felted tweed masterpiece of some sort -- the last couple of winter Rowan mags were full of good ideas
I am going out west in January and will have lots of travel time and hanging around time, so I will take whatever sock I am working on, and something else. I could save the tiger sock's simple foot for that trip, and have that for non-thinking knitting, and the cardigan for quiet times. Or start something totally new, or take the Witchy shawl or ....
Argh: I wrote this over the past little while and scheduled it to publish today. Imagine my chagrin when the new Vogue Knitting preview posted this morning... That's the trouble with long-term planning: things always occur to mess it up. Suffice to say that I will peruse my next issue of the magazine keenly, and maybe get derailed, or maybe not! I especially like the Urban Outfits cables!
Happy New Year!