Friday, December 31, 2010

The 2011 plan

(By the way, I believe 2011 is a prime number. Not that that should influence us in any way.)

I have my six sock baggies, and will start the new year off with the bag with 3 unfinished pairs of socks. That will last me (according to plan) till March 1, when I will pick another bag. And I then will have three whole pairs of socks finished! (Okay, okay, I haven't actually got real physical bags with patterns and needles and yarn all together. They are sorted in my brain, and one day I'll set it all up. I know what I am doing in January and February, anyways!)

Meantime, I will also work on the Noro cardigan. Given my November experience, it is foolish to think I'll get that finished before the end of February. I have about 4 inches of the two fronts made.

I will try to finish 6 major projects in 2011, as well as the socks:
  1. Noro cardigan, in progress
  2. denim gansey-like thing, maybe Sunday Best (on Ravelry, or here, on Thomas)
  3. one lace shawl if I can ever decide on a pattern
  4. Rowan cotton sweater for Elaine
  5. big black and grey witchy shawl, in progress
  6. cotton blanket, in progress, and there's a baby expected for it in May
  7. felted tweed masterpiece of some sort -- the last couple of winter Rowan mags were full of good ideas
Since three of those are already in progress, that's my list. I assume there will be an assortment of dishcloths and hats and so on, as well.

I am going out west in January and will have lots of travel time and hanging around time, so I will take whatever sock I am working on, and something else. I could save the tiger sock's simple foot for that trip, and have that for non-thinking knitting, and the cardigan for quiet times. Or start something totally new, or take the Witchy shawl or ....

Argh: I wrote this over the past little while and scheduled it to publish today. Imagine my chagrin when the new Vogue Knitting preview posted this morning... That's the trouble with long-term planning: things always occur to mess it up. Suffice to say that I will peruse my next issue of the magazine keenly, and maybe get derailed, or maybe not! I especially like the Urban Outfits cables!


Happy New Year!

5 comments:

  1. And a Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan. Not to much, but not to little. I would take the Noro cardigan with you when you go out west. If it was me that would be the only thing I would take, but I am a sucker for punishment.

    Happy New Year to You!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well i am glad to have read the end of this post because i was reading the beginning in awe of you thinking of how i could never stay on track for a whole year... i'm glad to see you'll get sidetracked just like the rest of us mortals :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year !
    Here's to a good one !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should aim to finish a prime number of projects this year.

    Word verification: phinesse

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.