Saturday, December 18, 2010

The year's output

I will, of course, finish just scads of things before 2011, but I counted up my Completed Items of 2010 and found that I have knit 28 29 things thus far this year! Even though I slog and procrastinate and sometimes think things drag on forever, I actually managed to finish something, on average, every two weeks! Now, at least 2 of those things have been on the needles since 2008, mind you. And some took a day to knit.

Let's sort and categorize, my favourite activity...

(Please do not feel you have to click to see every picture -- but I want to have the reference for myself!)

Sweater-like things:
Hats: three of them

Socks:
Shawls and scarves and blankets:
Squares: five dishcloths (one, two, three, four, five) plus two cabled squares (sigh, that group was called "Cable-A-Day" but I didn't last long!) and an H for a knitted poem. (And a partridge in a pear tree.)

If I accomplish anything else in the next couple of weeks, I'll be sure to let you know, but I think postings will be few and far between for a while! Happy holidays, happy new year, happy solstice! I am looking forward to the days when it is no longer dark at suppertime!

3 comments:

  1. I tried to keep a list about what I finished this year, but I fell really far behind, and deleted it. It is going to be one of my new years resoultions to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. quite impressive all lined up like that!
    i'm so glad we've "met" and look forward to seeing your 2011 creations come to fruition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nor dark when leaving for work and dark when coming home. Hooray for the Solstice. And such an impressive list deserves a rest.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.