Saturday, January 29, 2011

The end of January

I didn't have actual goals written down for January, but I can tell you what I did.
I joined the Block-a-Month group on Ravelry and so made the January square, and will make the February square in the coming weeks!

My self-imposed sock club socks need to be finished at the end of February, and that might happen. I did finish some in January.

I made 2 dishcloths and half a scarf while in travel limbo last weekend.

I started a shawl! Silly me!


It is so pretty and fun, so I haven't actually paid much attention to my lovely cardigan.

Oh! I was going out the other day and thought I should take a sock... But the socks I am supposed to be knitting require me to look at a pattern once in a while, which makes them unsocial. So... I cast on another pair! Yes, silly me again!



These will be kid-sized, and are plain old plain old, so I can knit them on the subway or while playing Scrabble or drinking coffee. 

Now, I can tell you what I mean to finish by the end of February:
  1. All those UFO socks, which now means I will knit one Waving Lace and one and a half Embossed Leaves. Yikes.
  2. A square for February. No prob.
  3. I did think I'd have the cardi finished by the end of February. Does that mean I have to put aside the shawl? How about this: I'll have made significant progress on either the cardigan or the shawl?!

I am typing this while watching the live stream of news from Egypt... Rumours of damage to antiquities (ETA: a couple of mummies were damaged before looters were turned away from the museum). Vigilante security groups setting themselves up. Buildings on fire and people are dead. Maybe what sock I knit doesn't really make much difference... 

    2 comments:

    1. Oh dear, I joined the block a month group and then haven't done anything about it!

      ReplyDelete
    2. that shawl is amazing!! don't put it aside!
      although your cardigan is lovely too.... oh such conundrums!

      ReplyDelete

    Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.