Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It's all her fault, she started it

You may have heard of the recent outbreak of Startitis in Toronto. When I read this article, I boldly declared that, although I had knitting all over the house, and although I have unrealistic ideas about how fast I can knit, I might possibly be "immune" to this malady.

Not so! I think that even by reading that blog, I may have picked up some fatal microbes.

I was looking through my favourite shawls on Ravelry, just for fun, you know, and discovered that one I showed you last time: the Fan Shawl. And once upon a time I found an on-sale ball of a different colourway of Noro Kureyon Sock yarn, which would look so lovely knitted up in this way. Annnnd, the shawl is made in those little bits, so easy and quick, not really time-consuming knitting at all!

Oh yeah, and it snowed! A lot! One needs a new shawl (or cardigan or socks) in this weather!

2 comments:

  1. I almost commented on your last post that you seemed to have caught Stephanie's startitis. I'm feeling a bit funny myself. Thinking of doing a practice sock in not-sock yarn.

    The fan shawl is much more appealing if you can actually do it without 5,000 ends. Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh - what a gorgeous pattern!
    in my opinion it's okay to have startitus when you're starting such stunning projects!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.