Friday, January 14, 2011

Surprises

Where the heck did this dark purple come from?

As you can see, I even dragged the centre out of the ball to see where the knot was -- this must be a crazy deviation!

But no, deeply hidden in there, I did spy another bit of purple, though it doesn't show anywhere on the outside of the ball.

I am really enjoying my little fans! It's a bit of a nuisance picking up the stitches, but this is all about the colour, so I'm willing to sacrifice some knitting pleasure for the colour pleasure, if you get what I mean! I can't wait to get to that pink!

I am also enjoying, right now, sitting in front of my computer! I woke up to a power failure this morning -- the juice was off for about 3 hours, and the lights just popped on as we were wondering if Elaine's school would be closed for lack of heat. We do have an old Walkman with a radio, so we are not totally adrift, but we are so dependent on this box for information, and we forget that in an emergency, it is not really any use at all!

4 comments:

  1. what a fun purple surprise! noro will do that to you, won't they?

    glad your power's back on. it is a little scary how dependent on electricity we are, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got your power back! I saw a notice about the failure but it sounded like it was south of you.

    The fans are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, those Noro color changes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh that's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.