Thursday, February 03, 2011

February square

A new month and a new square.

We had a wee bit of snow yesterday and the schools were closed, so the four of us were at home, shovelling snow, knitting, sitting in front of computers, baking cookies...  

This was the optional square for February; the original choice was a bit bland, I thought.

It was fun -- you slip two stitches for several rows, and then do a little fancy footwork and hook them up diagonally.



All that slipping, on a stocking stitch background, made it curl up like anything, but I wet it and laid it out overnight, and it seems to have calmed down. 

Now I have two squares, more or less the same size.

I have lots more of this green, and I have a darker green, but no more orange! That might mean I buy more yarn, or it might mean a green blanket with one orange square!

I will make March's square out of the dark green and see how things go.

3 comments:

  1. I like the idea of all green with one orange. But nobody takes color advice from me, so do as you wish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh i like that square, it works perfectly with the yarn you chose. like sweet little blades of grass.

    i too like the idea of greens with one orange. but i think your idea of seeing how things look after the march square is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your squares are looking great. I've got some catching up to do...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.