Friday, February 04, 2011

A new idea

Sometimes I am so clever. Really.
The other day when I was at the place where one renews one's driver's license, I sat for some time knitting happily on my new sock-in-bag, but also took some time to write the odd list. (I had kind of a lot of time.)

One of my lists was really more of a table: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. And under each day I put a knitting project: cardigan, sock, February square, witchy shawl, cotton blanket.

So far, I have kept to that pseudo-schedule. I knit on something for a day, and then move on.

On Thursday, instead of walking past the bag with the witchy shawl in it and cursing, I got the knitting out, found a stitch pattern and a bit of sock yarn, and made some progress!



It is supposed to be crazy, you may recall.

I am now on my third ball of this lovely soft blue-black wool/silk yarn. Soft and lustrous.



Of course, today I am supposed to make progress on something else, so I'm a bit disappointed about that! And I have no plan for the weekend! But we shall see if I make another list for the future, or if I just slip into my old habits of working on whatever I please at the moment. I might just give this idea a bit of a chance.

2 comments:

  1. you are a genius.
    and even more of a genius for sticking to your schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for sticking to the schedule! (hmm must get back to stitching!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.