Monday, March 14, 2011

So close

Firstly, happy π/Pi/Pie Day to you all. It is 3/14... 

I have been working diligently on my Noro cardigan, and ooooooh, I am so close!

Now, you know we knitters can be a bit "nitpicky" on occasion. I tried to embrace the weirdness of the Noro colours, but my sleeves turned out almost the same, and now look what is happening!


My fronts are getting all identical up the top!


Here is the source of the trouble. On your left, you see how the colours are "supposed" to appear after that minty green bit: turquoise, grey, muddy bits, green, gold... On your right, you see a jolting jump from minty green to the muddy bits! I was just knitting along and noticed the colour change, but there is no knot -- some dyer just missed the turquoise vat or something!

Whatever, it looks like the tops of the fronts will be very similar indeed!



Another few hours of work, and the sewing up can begin! Bets on when I will finish??

2 comments:

  1. ooooh! it's coming along sooo nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to watch out for that with my Noro jumper - but probably in a decade's time once I've knitted more of it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.