Thursday, June 02, 2011

I had such plans

The other day I came across this lovely plate at the side of the road! Just my colour and kind of funky.


It was not quite so lovely when I picked it up, but was covered with that dust/grease combo the tops of your cupboards might have! I scrubbed and cleaned and had a nice green butterfly-shaped plate for dips or olives or little bits of nibbles. I was thinking of putting my rainbow fruit skewers on it this weekend!

I was also thinking of assembling a little show-and-tell of other green crockery I have.

Then, this afternoon, I was making dressing for Caesar salad with my hand blender (kind of like this) and I wanted to grind some pepper in, but without going to the trouble of removing the blender from the jar.

One really needs three hands and a much wider jar to do this without catastrophe. The blender tipped over and landed with a crack, right on the middle of my lovely dish.


I am pleased to say that no salad dressing was lost, though.

Boo hoo.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you could have TWO plates. Or you could get some really good ceramic glue and stick it back together? It is lovely. Love, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh it is so lovely... and such a beautiful photo. These things do happen!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was going to suggest having two plates as well!
    or is the crack too jagged to be safe?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.