I had started on a pile of Arthur's old socks: cutting the toes with big holes off and reknitting new, whole, longer toes. I did one successfully, but the second one was a big waste of time. I got him to try it on to see when to start the toe decreases and the sock was too small around to fit his ankle and leg comfortably. So, the new bit got ripped back and the old bit is sitting somewhere awaiting its fate.
Since my good intentions were thwarted there, I decided to cast on a whole new pair of socks. If you can't do something quick and small, just do something bigger. Harvest Dew recently caught my eye, and I had just the yarn to make the slip-stitch pattern look like dragon skin.
My other big pile of half-done knitting-related stuff is this:
This is a blanket of scarves! Some are long and one or two are wide, and there are a ton of bits that will get stuck on the outside of this.
These are a few sock yarn squares (and one apparently left over from 2006's blanket). (Oh, heavens, I just looked back through old blog entries looking for this blanket. I knew I'd started in England, which means before the summer of 2006.... I finished it all up in 2009, with a 2-year hiatus while I thought of how to border it! And I know the sock yarn blanket was a fantasy thought up many years ago as well.) Anyways, this strip will get added to the scarves and then I will think up the next bit! I have a pretty huge number of squares that "will one day be blankets." Now it looks like they will all be one blanket!
Meanwhile, I seem to have lost half a sweater back. I know it's around here somewhere...