Sunday, September 28, 2014

A square à la Kaffe

Rowan is running another mystery knitalong, with Kaffe Fassett designing blocks of a blanket. I got my yarn, and was tapping my fingers waiting for October 1 when the first clue will be released. So I decided to just make a sort of Kaffe-like square, to get a feel for the yarn and gauge and to practise with 2 colours per row.

I apologize for the photographer's shadow

Actually it is a bunch of Kaffe-like rows, one after the other, with no cohesive idea. Towards the end/top, I clearly ran out of enthusiasm for red, red, blue, blue and just knit plain rows, trying to get 15 rows of each colour in. Almost, but I think it is about square as it is. 

In a few days, we'll see what the master actually wants us to do with these colours. 

1 comment:

  1. Pretty! And how handy to have a square template just the right size, built in to the house.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.