Monday, November 09, 2015

Cabbages and gourd



I grew the cabbages, but not the gourd. The cabbages look nice, but they were supposed to be sufficiently cabbage-y to eat! The gourd is one of those crazy decorative things, and I think I will try to grow some of these next year, though I have no space for such things.




So crazy. I love how the colour seems to stretch to fit.

Off to the wild west tomorrow, and I think I am only taking my phone, so don't expect much in the way of blogging. If we are all very good, I might be able to pre-write some things to post while I am away!

2 comments:

  1. You could always chop up the cabbage leaves for salad, or to fry up with butter and onions and some green cabbage, or use it in a stir fry ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I planted what I thought were decorative cabbages and got the kind you eat. At least they were tasty!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.