Friday, July 14, 2017

Been Shoppin'

Someone in the local knitters' group on Ravelry posted that they had donated a shedload of yarn to a thrift store in Stouffville -- an hour out of town and not anywhere I would usually go.

But! Today we had to go out that way to drop Elaine off at a camp thing for a couple of weeks, and, well, the thrift shop was kind of on the way home...


I got three packs of yarn for a grand total of $45. Fifteen balls of Rowan denim, plus a pattern! I have to rip out that knitted bit, but then, what fun we'll have!

Some Cotton Fleece in one of Elaine's favourite colours! Enough for a cardi or shrug or comfy slouchy something, I think.


And gorgeous rusty reds and browns, also Cotton Fleece.


There were several bags of wool that I didn't take, although I could have had a year's worth or more for less than $100. Another thing I didn't take was this set of Ferrari espresso cups. When we get our palazzo in Rome...


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Quite the haul. How lucky it was on the way to Elaine's camp! If you don't know what to do with some of your yarn, you could always make me another hug. : - )
    I hope Elaine has a great time.
    We are dealing with 35 C tp 40 C these days. HOT!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.