Sunday, November 19, 2017

Finished, half-finished and not started

I finished my Vertices Unite and it is ready for action. Not sure what sort of action, since it is the leventy-hundredth shawl in my collection. The scratchy sock yarn does soften up in a bath.

It is sunny today, but everything is damp. Here's a bit of the shawl on the hedge.


Here we have the sunny colours, and a bit of an idea of the whole thing.


I tried to take a picture of it all spread out on the floor. Awkward lighting.


Anyways, done. No one will see it all at once when it is worn, all scrunched up around a neck!

Now I shall concentrate on finishing up October's sock. I have started the heel and figure I can get it done by the end of the week if I put my mind to it.


Projects not yet even thought of....

Someone on Ravelry was offering a couple of bags of yarn that she hoped would be used to knit for charity.

I scored two skeins of Butterfly cotton, and I know I can get a scarf out of each of those. Bits of pretty wool -- might become blanket squares. Hats, cowls, perhaps I can get mittens out of 85 meters of wool?



There is more nice stuff and another bag full of yarn I don't want! I know someone who knits a lot of scarves to sell and I will ask if she wants some of the acrylic. Fine white baby yarn... what to do with that? It'll all get to a good home eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.