Monday, November 27, 2017

Returning to a September sweater

I started this sweater a couple of months ago but had to put it on hold. For one thing, I wanted to knit the sleeves down from the shoulder rather than up from the cuff, and had to ponder that for a couple of months, apparently.


I think I have it figured out. The sleeve is very nearly a straight drop-shoulder, but with just a bit of shape. I picked up stitches at the top, bit by bit, and am now knitting the sleeve in the round. The pattern has very long sleeves, with thumb holes near the seam to keep your hands warm while you're sitting on the beach on those cool summer evenings. (At least, that is what the pictures in the book imply.)


It is also meant to have a hood, but I think we will not bother with that. I already have a tiny lacy bit at the bottom hem, the sleeves will end in casual curling stocking stitch, and I suppose there will be some sort of ribbing around the neck.


One thing at a time; I hope to finish at least the one sleeve this week, maybe even both!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.