Monday, April 09, 2018

Muffin Monday: Choco Wheat-Germ

Ah, these are our standard muffin. I have made gazillions of these over the years. Elaine ate two of them before I even noticed. They will all be gone before too long.


This recipe is almost identical to the one I have, except mine calls for twice as much sugar! My recipe also actually calls for carob chips, for that healthy edge, to go with the wheat germ. Ha ha, who uses carob chips?

I like that years ago I noted "good" in the top corner. Now one can just go to the most splattered page in the book.


My last adventure in muffins was the banana and Miracle Whip ones. I think we had a muffin supply already, so most of those went into the freezer. When I thought we needed more, I brought the whole lot out at once. Big mistake. They had an icky texture and no one was eating them but me. The last 4 had to be tossed. I still have half a jar of Miracle Whip and do mean to make the other recipe in the book that calls for it. Fingers crossed!

And for your Today in History: this would be my dad's 100th birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.