Sunday, June 24, 2018

A new hat

This has been Ascot Week, and the hats have been divine. Of course, people other than the royal family wear fantastic hats; I suggest the Daily Mail's coverage if you are interested!

So, I was looking at hats and knitting on a boring scarf. Of course, I put that aside to knit a hat! In perfect pond scum colours, from a dyer in town who was moving and had a big sale on her front porch.


I wasn't sure I had enough of that, so added a stripe of the green tweed I used to make Arthur's Harry Potter sweater in 2006. (OMG, those kids are so cute; where are they now?!)


That is terribly washed-out, sorry! It's a very long hat indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.