Monday, July 16, 2007

Trouble with socks, and some almost finished knitting

This is why I've been having trouble getting socks to fit Arthur lately.


On your left, Arthur's friend's legs, perhaps average 10-year-old legs. And on your right, Arthur's legs. Must discard the kid socks book, move back to the adult socks book!

Whoo hoo, I have done all the knitting on two Baby Surprise Jackets. They used up seven 50g balls of Peer Gynt wool. Buttons and seams to come...

Number 1, all green and gold and regal looking! I am the groovinest baby around, it says.


Number 2, all desert mutedness. Please don't bother me, I'm meditating, this one says. The purple was once cream coloured with a bit of a gold fleck, but thanks to grape Kool Aid, it's now just the right sort of greyish-purple, rocks-in-the-distant-sunset colour.


And Stephen wants me to tell you that he is building a deck. There was once a deck here, but it became unsafely rotten, about 10 years ago, and was dismantled. One day soon, we shall have a new one, and a hammock, if all goes according to plan!

4 comments:

  1. Love the EZ BSJs. They look great. My SIL is pregnant and I want to amke a few the new baby.

    I wish Stephen good luck in finishing the deck - can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, deck building - that takes *forever*, if I remember correctly! I'm loving your Kool-Aid dyeing experiments; you seem to be getting some wonderfully subtle colours out of the stuff. I especially like the Kool-Aid BSJ, in all its meditative glory...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, this comment system is annoying!! Especially when it loses your comment. I think the word verification thingy gets out of date when you choose the identity type, thus punishing anyone who doesn't sign in with a Blogger profile... But I'll live. I left a lovely comment on your KoolAid dyeing, especially the Yoga-tastic BSJ and the lovely subtle colours you seem to be getting; I also said that if I remember correctly, deck building is hard work and takes aaaages. Much liquid refreshment will no doubt be required. But not KoolAid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Baby Surprise Jacket is knitting magic! I just love yours :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.