Well, I think it is, anyways. Maybe it's really the sock-desire situation, or the sock-yarn-stash situation.
Let me elaborate.
- I have one pair of socks almost done, and that is a good thing, as there is a special date associated with them, but I can't tell you more about that right now.
- I have another pair of socks mostly done (a heel and a foot to go). This pair was started months and months ago, and really, let's get on with it.
- I have obtained yarn for three more pairs in recent days... and I already had too much sock yarn! I want to use some gaudy stuff to make plain socks, and some plain stuff to make lace or cable or some nice patterned socks, and I have a bunch of yarn and a bunch of patterns and not enough time.
- It takes me a long time to make socks, unless I just plow on, neglecting everything else, and there are other things I want to knit, too!
- Okay, I'll end this bullet list, now, and show you a picture.
(I'm not complaining really, as it is warm, and the ice is slowly slowly melting, and I have seen green things, in other people's gardens.)
Whatever... The pink I got from Haley, and will become socks for Elaine one day. The others I got in a swap from Heather, and I really want to knit up the rocking multicolour one at the top.
This was meant to be the year of socks for me, but I have, you know, other things to do as well. For example, the Felted Tweed is now in a big laundry basket in the living room, staring at me whenever I pass by.