Thursday, March 06, 2008

March goals

I guess it's time to get a bit organised again here. Who knows what I thought I would be knitting, but the truth is, I've got so far off track, I'll just make it up new now.

I do have 2 pairs of socks on the needles. I am going away for a few days and will take one of them with me, but I am not confident that I'll get a lot done. The ol' wrist is still not perfect and tiny dpns are a bit challenging. (When the smoke clears, I will ask the doc about physiotherapy, because having a semi-functional right hand is a real nuisance.)

Although I'm not doing much with sock needles, I have been knitting up a storm with the leftovers of the birthday sweater. Many half-balls of lite Lopi and scraps of Kureyon were left, and while the blues and browns have been mitered, though not yet felted, the greens have become a scarf.

Yes, I know I have more than enough scarves, and yes, I know this is not the softest yarn to have around one's neck. What the heck, it's pretty, and I'll think of something to do with it. Wash it in Eucalan and give it to someone who needs it. And when I am done, there will be no piece of Kureyon longer than a foot or so in the house. I bought some of this stuff in 2001! I wish that dark green didn't just happen to meet up with the brown there, but I ain't ripping this out to rearrange it!

Other things under consideration: I'll take some of the red yarn I used for the lacy scarf and the pattern for a "head snug" on this trip and see what comes of it. I'm a bit leary of gauge here, but we'll give it a whirl. Maybe I'll even take other red yarn, and pay attention to Project Spectrum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.