Monday, March 31, 2008

The sock situation

The sock situation here is what the Brits would call dire.

Well, I think it is, anyways. Maybe it's really the sock-desire situation, or the sock-yarn-stash situation.

Let me elaborate.
  • I have one pair of socks almost done, and that is a good thing, as there is a special date associated with them, but I can't tell you more about that right now.
  • I have another pair of socks mostly done (a heel and a foot to go). This pair was started months and months ago, and really, let's get on with it.
  • I have obtained yarn for three more pairs in recent days... and I already had too much sock yarn! I want to use some gaudy stuff to make plain socks, and some plain stuff to make lace or cable or some nice patterned socks, and I have a bunch of yarn and a bunch of patterns and not enough time.
  • It takes me a long time to make socks, unless I just plow on, neglecting everything else, and there are other things I want to knit, too!
  • Okay, I'll end this bullet list, now, and show you a picture.
I could have taken this picture on any recent sunny day, but now it is grey and damp out. I even had to put a plastic bag down under the yarn on the table.

(I'm not complaining really, as it is warm, and the ice is slowly slowly melting, and I have seen green things, in other people's gardens.)

Whatever... The pink I got from Haley, and will become socks for Elaine one day. The others I got in a swap from Heather, and I really want to knit up the rocking multicolour one at the top.

This was meant to be the year of socks for me, but I have, you know, other things to do as well. For example, the Felted Tweed is now in a big laundry basket in the living room, staring at me whenever I pass by.

1 comment:

  1. I actually gave store bought socks to some folks this past Christmas and they were not happy. Sheesh. I still haven't got much sock mojo going, but finally started a pair over the weekend. Kaffe Fasset stripes. Pretty. You better go buy some...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.