Thursday, March 13, 2008

Party time

I have just returned from the parental homestead, where we celebrated a bunch of birthdays, but mainly my dad's 90th! Actually, his 89 and 11/12ths, but what the heck. Other recent birthdays include Arthur's and mine!

Arthur and I flew out of here on Friday morning but my brother had to wait till that evening, when he got stuck due to a wee bit of a snow storm, and a wee bit of traffic problems on the 401. I think they arrived at the airport about 3 hours after their plane left... This provided great entertainment for the westerners as Toronto's crazy weather is always interesting when you've shed your winter coat and the sun is shining!

I have a nephew I haven't seen in ages, and he brought 4 of his daughters, who provided a bunch of craziness for Arthur. The poor boy would have been lost and adrift without some little girls to hang out with, at the party and in the hotel pool!

And, while watching the Food network at night in the hotel, I finished the 2-row scarf. A bit short, a bit scratchy. Photo by Arthur, naturally.

Now to find some groceries, do some laundry, look at the snow... Ah, speaking of groceries, we learned about the bakery in Castlegar where you can buy chocoladehagel! And we got ourselves some, and some vruchtenhagel, too! It's our cultural heritage, so, absolutely necessary! For the kids, you know....

1 comment:

  1. choc. sprinkles on bread and butter? I'm not Dutch but yum...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.