Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ahem, something new

You know how you embark on a project, set mini-deadlines, know that if you stay the course, follow the rules, you'll be carefree and the whole thing will work out wonderfully?

Yeah.

Well. The things that have to get done will get done, just probably not in a carefree and mini-deadline-hitting way.

This is what I've been working on for fun while not hitting deadlines. It will turn out to be a crazy wrap thingy, quite unsuitable, I think, for a dumpy middle-aged lady. But, cool nonetheless! A few brave souls on Ravelry have made it.

I think it will be great for making all those people who wonder what the heck I can be knitting all the time stop asking...

It will have one short sleeve, and otherwise be a rectangle. They say you can also stick your head through the sleeve hole, but I'll have to wait and see how that all turns out!

It might be one of the objects discussed by the designer here, but they are all very dark and cabley and wrappy, and who knows which exactly it is. The pattern is in Vogue Knitting for Fall 2007.

I have 5 balls of this Yorkshire Tweed Chunky, and can knit up a ball a day without batting an eye (if I neglect other things, that is). However, I'm not setting any deadlines!

2 comments:

  1. So pretty :) I used to knit a long long long time ago. I'd love to try again now that there are acrylics et. al. (I am allergic to wool). But I never learned how to make anything useful. Wonder just how difficult it is...for the arts-and-crafts-impaired...heh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with the knitting! I can't wait to see how this one ends up (do we get a picture with you wearing it at the end?!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.