Tuesday, September 30, 2008

End of September review

What have I done this month? Well, not what I said I'd do!

The rainbow socks were done early on in September, giving me a short burst of energy.

The grey mitts were not touched at all, though I looked at them regretfully once or twice.

The brown wrap... ditto!


But, I slaved away on my secret knitting, and I made a square or two, which are the start of a long-term blanket.

I also had great success with the mini shawl -- Arthur and I have miserable colds and we spent Monday on the couch with a box of tissues, knitting garter stitch and listening to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.


I had a bit of trouble at the very end, since I started to cast off with insufficient white yarn, ripped a stripe, tried again with blue ... and finally got it on the third try.

It seems very small! It's still drying so I'll try it on a bit later. Elaine is big into pioneers and Laura Ingalls Wilder these days, so perhaps a plain wool shawl is just what she needs -- at least for her Halloween costume!

Coming up: October is Socktober so some socks will get knit, though I can't right now put my finger on that green yarn I took a picture of! The secret project will get finished; the big wraps, brown and blue, will get some work, really they will! (Unless something else sweeps me off course!)

And now I must go knit something else very simple while following the further adventures of Harry Potter...

3 comments:

  1. Mary......it would be a squirrel on the bench with one of MY apples ;-)

    Good to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you and Arthur are feeling better again. Haven't been here in a while... Love the socks and am curious about the "long-term blanket."
    Greetings,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.