Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Revving up for Project Spectrum

Once again, it's time (almost) for Project Spectrum. I had a good time with it the first year, but have not got super involved since then. This time, there are two-month time slots, with one main colour, and lots of other jumping-off ideas. Lolly tells you all about it here. Or you could read the Ravelry group.

March and April are green; here's the whole enchilada:

NORTH (March/April)
Color: Green
Material: Stones/Gems/Rocks
Season: Winter
Element: Earth

I have a ton of green projects on the go, as it (often) happens. And one is even for me!

I have the green socks. These are lovely, and I'm on the foot, and am not ignoring them for any good reason. But they are not zooming, like I'd thought they would. As usual, I'm sure if I took them out of their pretty little bag and worked on them, the knitting would go faster!

I have an edge.


It will be the bottom edge of a vest, which I am clearly not going to have finished for Vestuary, another Ravelry bandwagon I got on. The only problem is this: First I have to knit this 30-stitch band long enough to go around my hips. Oh lordy, boring! And interminable, leading to the belief that I have infinitely large hips... If I ever accomplish this, I might just add stone or "gem" buttons, just you wait and see!

And I have a project-in-waiting: cotton for a dishcloth or two to be knit on the beach on my holiday!


Maybe in the next few days I'll tell you about the blue and the multicoloured projects I have lying around the house. And an update on the approach of spring -- nothing of note; we could be in November or December as far as I can see, except that a cardinal has been making a lot of noise in the morning around here.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck with this Mary - I can't wait to see any and all of these finished :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.