The talent picked to appear in the semi-finals should all be good, and it never is, but this year, there were not only mediocre acts but also purely terrible ones. So, we pass over the semis and go straight to the finals, tonight.
Your contestants are:
- Paul Gbegbaje, pianist. Cute, pleasant, fine.
- Ronan Parke, the boy singer that the stories of "fixing" centre on
- Jean Martyn, the boogie-woogie piano queen and sole woman contestant at this point
- New Bounce, boy singers (with a terrible name! Isn't it already used for a laundry product?)
- James Hobley, boy dancer
- Les Gibson, impressionist
- Steven Hall, comedy dancer who beat out my favourite, Edward Reid
- Jai McDowall, singer
- Razy Gogonea, dancer -- there's a whole story about him and a similar dancer, but this guy's the one to watch now
- Michael Collings, singer/guitarist. I think his voice has something of a Rod Stewart sound, though his presentation is completely different.
So, we pass over that little inconvenient fact and try to pick winners!
I would love to see Michael Collings win, or Razy, or Jai, or James, or Paul. Or, indeed, Jean.
Ronan is good, but too cutesy-slick for me; New Bounce are not as good as the Osmond Brothers of my youth; I don't get Les Gibson's jokes; Steven Hall is indeed a one-trick pony in my books.
So... I .... think it will be... I think that the winner will be.... I actually think Ronan will win, but I would love love love for Michael to win.
Now, I need a picture!
|My talent is letting hostas grow in my garden!|
Out of the Blue - they were robbed, I tell you!
Donelda Guy - dog act, what was I thinking?
David and Karen - magician team, fantastic
Two and a Half Men - dancers, also fantastic
Edward Reid - in truth, his audition seemed to me better than his semi-final performance, but I suspect that is just because I'm more familiar with nursery rhymes than with Postman Pat and the Teletubbies. But I still love him....
Added in the evening: Jai McDowall takes it!