Friday, April 20, 2007

Eye Candy Friday is back

I haven't had any Eye Candy pictures for a while but yesterday, the sun came out! Whoo hoo. So I took the camera out to the back deck, and took a few pictures.


The lilac buds.


The frilly pansies.


The mighty oak. Did I ever tell you the story of this tree? Someone left it in a little pot (it was probably not a foot tall) at the curb, and I rescued it and brought it home. There was a note with it: it was originally given at a wedding, as a little gift from the couple to their guests. I wonder how many of them ended up discarded because no one has room for an oak tree! It's in a pot, but I will have to think of somewhere to set it free before it gets too big. I would love a mighty oak on our street, but will have to find a neighbour to take it, since I already have a big tree. It's got a bit of a bend at the top because I took it inside over the winter and put it on shelves in the bathroom window, and it grew several inches and put out those 4 leaves without me even noticing, and it was scrunched under the shelf! Oops.


And then there's Elaine reading. The magazine is upside-down because I think she was reading the answer to a joke or some such!


And Arthur, surrounded by the "garden," one store-bought pansy and a lot of dirt. The nice weather is supposed to continue, so there'll be a rush at the garden centre this weekend, but we all know in our hearts we can't plant anything till Victoria Day. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.