Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Plague, infestation, disaster!

I was walking home last night, happy as a clam, thinking that I should just finish up my started-long-ago blanket of squares, because I have in mind another blanket of squares I want to make. The one in progress looks like this:

except that it now has about 45 squares, I think, out of possibly 63 or 70, and the one I want to make might end up looking like this:


That's the floor of the Louvre! Six colours of Felted Tweed, parquet squares, ooooooh! (Actually, look at this! All the squares of the Learn to Knit Afghan! Great job!)

So, I look at my pile of yarn and squares, left hopefully out of the closet, in full view (sort of, until it got covered up with other projects, sweaters, dirty laundry...). I lay out the squares, admire my handiwork, pick up the balls of yarn, arrange by colour... and spy a.... a bug! Actually, some sort of tiny caterpillar-like thing. About half a centimeter long, with huge fangs. Well, I don't know about the fangs, but it had left a little chewed trail in the turquoise yarn. Luckily, I don't care much for the turquoise, but still! Again, luckily, we don't have much food in the freezer, so I put the whole blanket project, my stash of Felted Tweed, the half-made Sweater that Makes Me Sneeze and accompanying wool into deep freeze! And I'll see what else I can jam in there, too!

Now, where did I leave that vacuum cleaner?

2 comments:

  1. I think the Louvre blanket will be lovely.

    Hey, I managed to weave in ends into about 1/2 my squares so far... will hopefully get to the other half this weekend then drop them off on Monday!

    I did make 2 wonky squares for myself though and I love them. It did get a bit boring halfway through because I didn't want to take the time to plan out the wonkiness, so I evened them out a little early, but they're still cute.

    And in other project news, I am almost (I think thats my word of the day...almost) done a ballet t-shirt for Lily who is always to willing to wear her Mommy's wonky handknits. This time its knit in a forest green cotton from the Hudson's Bay Company (a lovely Value Village find) - wonder how it'll wash up. Speaking of Spring Knits, its almost time for Elaine to wear her beautiful red dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! Stash threatened!! Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.