Thursday, December 18, 2008

What's in store for 2009?

When I finish the few things now on the needles (denim sweater, just needs a bit of a front and a back; top secret thing for Christmas which will be done soon; the lite lopi vest that needs some ribbed edges; the blanket whose border I knit on Wednesdays, except not this week, not much last week...) these are the things that will tempt me! (Some of these links will be to Ravelry. If you're not already a member, join now! That helpful hint is my holiday gift to you!)

  1. I have a ball of green cotton left from Arthur's sweater; I have a ball of golden silk which I bought years ago coz it was pretty; I have salmon cotton, black cotton, blue silk; white and mauve cotton/merino. There's a funky wrap or baby blanket there.
  2. Ten skeins of Rowan Magpie. I like the February Lady Sweater, but don't want the same sweater that over 3000 people have already knitted! Maybe it will turn into Norah Gaughan's Frost Jacket.
  3. A year ago when I went to New York, Helen from New Zealand gave me this skein of laceweight yarn. The colours are wonderful, and it will become a shawl for me. Soon!
  4. I've been meaning to make Elaine a hat from the same yarn I made her scarf out of -- the scarf she doesn't wear...
  5. I'm knitting things for the Children's Aid Society this year, and one of the things they like is a "Feely Blanket," made of different textures, different yarns, bobbles, chenille, fuzz. I'd like to put together a number of squares for such a thing! I'll start with what I have, and might be asking for help down the road!
  6. And of course, more socks of all sizes. Argh. I'm not even going to show you any sock yarn, since I would have to unpack the cooler!
There are a few other things calling to me, but this should be enough to keep me going for a while, doncha think?

I won't make vows of chastity or anything, but all these use stash yarn, and barely make a dent in the supply. I'm betting 2009 will see another wave of Knit From Your Stash resolutions, and I really don't see myself buying tons of yarn for some time. But I'll be fine, truly I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.