- I hate using Flickr to put up pictures on Ravelry, so several projects have never made it there.
- I really like looking at other people's projects, finished and in-progress, on Ravelry.
- I find it disappointing that everyone makes the same dang thing. My one project that has attracted the most attention is Kiri, one of the most popular shawls around.
- I like to join groups, but rarely go back to see what's happening. The one group thread I love to read is the one about spotting other knitters on the Toronto Transit. Except that there's now someone making too many stupid comments...
- I like blogging because I can ramble on like this and not worry about what thread it should be in!
- Also I like to read other people's blogs about their lives and their knitting, rather than just look at a picture of their finished work on Rav.
- I find Ravelry useful as a tool, but don't contribute enough to be very useful myself. Maybe I should just stick with that and not worry about posting my own stuff there.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Blog, Ravelry? Ravelry, Blog?
Here's some random thoughts about blogging and Ravelry-haunting.