Monday, March 02, 2009

I can make it be spring, with simple willpower

On the weekend we had a party on our street. I hosted the dessert portion. (We go from house to house because we are very cool like that.)

With a shake of the pink sugar, my lemon cake became pretty and spring-like.


And I got some pink tulips from the shop on the corner, to pretend that flowers might one day grow here.



And you see, it's sunny enough to take the flowers outside for a photoshoot. Not warm, though. We might get a high of -7C today.

I see there's less than 2 weeks till we go away to sun and fun. Must go find my stash of sleeveless tops! They must be here somewhere.

4 comments:

  1. we had ten inches of snow and it was hovering around zero (F) all weekend. i should go buy pink tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise it is coming! The cake looks delicious by the way...I'm enjoying an imaginary piece with my coffee ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeep to -7 at least we are above zero now - but the cake and the tulips are nice and cheerful (and yes spring like!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sun? vacation? and you're knitting dishcloths?

    i remember when i was little my mom had a handknit bikini that my grandmother made. how about that? ;)

    hope you have an amazing vacation!

    sue

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.