Tuesday, October 18, 2011

October square

The October square is done!

 

It looks similar to other squares I have done, with the sort of framed dips, but they are all different enough, I think!




I think I might be in for a surprise when I finally block them all and see if they will really fit together neatly. That's what "sashing" is for, I guess!



I am aiming for 16 squares in total. I think the KAL group on Ravelry was based on a blanket of 8 or 9 square patterns, and according to the master plan, one should knit each in 3 colours. Well, that didn't happen here. This square is from a different pattern, so I guess the original set is done! I shall see what the group does in November, and if there is no "assigned" square, I am sure I can come up with something. And I shall have a finished little blanket for next fall.

3 comments:

  1. oooh! it's coming along quite nicely!!

    and i love your phrase, "framed dips".... there has to be a joke about a family portrait in there somewhere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is looking good! I am guessing when you block the squares ready for joining together they will all be the same size?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours is looking nice. I'm aiming to have mine done for next year too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.